Monday, December 10, 2007

How do you do your hair with no power?

Well another weekend has come and gone. Too quickly I might add. Saturday morning we woke up to a lovely snow storm that knocked the power out of our little section of our neighborhood. We decided to go out and get some Christmas shopping done. Surely the power would be on when we returned, right? Wrong, we returned home to discover that our power has not been reinstated. Now was the time to worry! Not that it would be cold or dark soon, but how was I going to do my hair!!! We had to get ready to go out and take dance pictures. Now, if you know me, you know my hair requires an elaborate display of heating elements. All powered by electricity! I quickly weighed my options. Luckily the water is heated by natural gas so I was able to take a hot shower. After much deliberation, I decided to break out to curlers. I rolled my hair in curlers and sat down in front of our gas fireplace to let them dry. The heat of the fire did quite an amazing job drying my hair and setting the curlers in record time, maybe a little too well. The curls were very tight and random and not manageable at all. After struggling with it for about and hour I just sprayed it with hairspray and tucked the hair behind my ears. Okay so, it wasn’t perfect but I looked presentable and I could go out. Our power came on around 2:30 am on Sunday morning and things went back to normal. Well mostly. My hair has now decided it doesn’t want to curl with the curling iron! It must have liked the smooth non-direct heat from the fireplace and has now decided to rebel against the direct heat from curling iron. What’s a girl to do now?

1 comments:

Jo said...

Too bad we weren't all there to make a fort like last time! :)