Friday, December 14, 2007

Reading is Fundamental

I have completely enjoyed reading the Twilight series of book by Stephenie Meyer. The story is so beautiful and slightly frustrating. I just finished the third and final book and I must say - I am torn! I dont know if I happy or sad. I suppose this is what a good book should do. See this is why I dont read! Reading makes you think. I guess I will be stewing over the ending to this book for a while. It is bittersweet.
To the shock and pleasure of my wonderful husband, I have decided that I need to begin reading. I have never been much of a book reader but you see when you turn 30, your outlook on things change (that is a story in it of itself, maybe to be shared later). Anywho, now I am on the hunt for another great story to read. I must say I am quite picky and a book needs to grab me with in the first few pages ( we cant forget the Harry Potter debacle...that book took me 3 times to finally get into, and that was only after everyone kept talking about it.) So, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

2 comments:

Jo said...

I just finished that series too - loved it. I think the next book is scheduled to come out next fall. Plus they are making it into a movie - that should be interesting. Sadly I don't really have any suggestions for books - I usually can't find the time to read! I know my sister-in-law Jen goes through a lot of books - she has them on her blog - maybe there are some good ideas there.

Natalie said...

Oh dont tempt me with another book. YAY... now I have something to look foward to!