Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Exercise! Ugh.....

I have come to realize that I have a Love/Hate relationship with the gym. Plain and simple.... I love to hate it. I really want to be one of those people who love to go to the gym and can stay there for hours but, alas, I am not that person. I can and do find any excuse not to go to the gym. So making the goal to exercise this year is a difficult one for me... but I am committed!
Last night as I started the "training" to run a 5k, I thought to myself...... "You must be crazy! You are so out of shape. Who makes this kind of a goal....certainly not you!"
But you know what, I did it. I lasted for 30 minutes on the treadmill and then I went to the track to do a cool down with Scott (who by the way is quite motivated to go to the gym lately..... what is wrong with the universe??) I know it's not the greatest of accomplishments but for me, it was something.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Congrats on your goal. Your determination motivates me!

JACK's house said...

Hi Nat!! It was sooooo good to see you the few times at the gym. Question-- training for a 5k huh? Me too. Which 5k? any ideas. Can I motivate you too? (Ok thats more than one question :) )I have on tap 2 5k's this year. One in april (salt lake 5k) and in september for west bountifuls founders day they do a 5k. Any motivation to join on any of those with me? Check out my blog. (you can get a connection through rach's ) or I'll check back here, because my new thing is stalking blogs. :)
Kim