Friday, January 4, 2008

Movie Night

Last night Scott and I had the privilege of spending some time with our sweet neighbors, Janet and Dave. They have a big screen TV and they invite us up to watch movies all the time. We enjoy going to their house to spend time with them. They have every movie you could ever want to see. I thought my Dad was a movie buff, but Janet and Dave take the cake. Last night we watched CARS. (Scott and I hadn’t seen that yet and they were willing to watch it again for our benefit.) Janet has a way of always making me smile. Janet has MS, a debilitating disease that has confined her to a wheelchair. She is not able to walk (or move her legs for that matter), has difficulty moving her arms and retaining control of her neck muscles. She also has trouble speaking. To me, Janet is simply amazing! Although she has plenty of trials in her life, Every time I see Janet, she has a smile on her face. If I ask her how she is doing, the answer is always a resounding “GREAT!!” She has such a strong spirit about her that you can’t help but feel uplifted by just being around her. (Not to mention the amazing husband she has! He takes such good care of her.) If Janet can smile through the adversity in her life, then I definitely have nothing to complain about. We all have trials, that is part of the plan… It is how we deal with those trials that measure our strength of character. Janet is a shining example to me and I am grateful that she is my friend.

0 comments: