Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Milestone

Up until now my greatest exercise achievment came when I was 20 years old and ran on the treadmill for 17 minutes straight. A few months ago I posted that I was going to start running and that my goal was to run a 5k. Well I am happy to report that today was the first day that I ran a 5k on the treadmill! It is amazing to see how I have been able to build up to this moment. 4 months ago I could barely run 1 minute on the treadmill and today, I ran for 30 minutes straight! It took me 45 minutes to complete the 5k (a 5 minute warmup, 30 minutes of running and a 10 minute cooldown) but I DID IT!!

I still have a long way to go. It's time to breakaway from my treadmill security blanket and actually run on hard ground. That's terrifying to me, but I am going to do it! I need to get more songs for my Ipod. Any suggestions for "pump it up" songs that I can download to my ipod?
I couldnt post a blog without including a picture (or 2) of my baby girl.... She's my real motivation for running and wanting to get healthier! Im one lucky girl!








5 comments:

Jo said...

That's awesome! Congrats. Don't be afraid of running outside. It might take some getting used to at first - but you may find that you prefer it and don't want to go back to the treadmill!

JACK's house said...

Yeah!! I was so proud of you. I know it's hard...but you are doing awesome. Oh and by the way, she is tooooo cute for words.
Kim

Camie said...

You are great Natalie, I really look up to you!


I have the cutest niece EVER!

MONA said...

OMG...can i just say...YOU LOOKED BEAUTIFUL BEFORE AND YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL NOW!!..CONGRATS on the running progression...i just need to get on..and i'll be right behind you..hahahaha

oh..and she is beautiful as ever..give her big kisses from Aunty Mona ;)

SLC / Portland Webbs said...

Natalie way to go! I can't even run around the track once without feeling like my lungs are going to explode. Can't say the running bug has bitten me yet. Now that I am six weeks out I need to get healthy. Have you tried Linkin Park? I work out to them they have a strong beat and kick butt attitude.
Your daughter is beautiful I can't wait to meet her and talk to you face to face. Hope Scott and the clan are all well and doing good.
Love Ya
R-