Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day

I was so blessed to have the most amazing Mothers day yesterday. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have been given to be a Mom. It's not so much about the gifts (although they were awesome! - more on that later) it's about the joy of having a tiny little sweetheart that I am responsible for nurturing and loving. For years I put so much emphasis on getting pregnant that I absolutely refused to think about adoption. Then one day ( after a sever knock up side the head by my Heavenly Father) I realized that it's not about getting pregnant, it's about being a Mother - no matter how that child comes to you. That was 3 1/2 years ago - and the beginning of our adoption journey. Up until that time we had stuggled with infertility and I knew that going further with fertility treatments just wasnt for me. I had pretty much resigned myself to never being able to be a Mom.

How foolish I was. It's all about being a Mother! It's all about the sweet smile she gives me when I look at her. It's about the overwhelming joy I feel when I hold her in my arms.
I am grateful that I came to my senses. I am thankful for the last 3+ years that we have waited for Maggie. (It makes her that much more special to me) I am thankful that I had enough faith in my Heavenly Father to know that there was a child waiting for me and I am eternally grateful that Maggie's Birth Mother used her stewardship as a Mother to make a plan for Maggies life that included me as her mother.
Scott and the kids were so sweet to me for my first Mothers Day. Randy and Cody gave me earrings from my favorite jewelry store.
Jo and Josh made me the MOST AMAZING book full of pictures of Maggie... (WOW is all I can say. Thank you so much!!!)













and the best gift of all was this poem the Scott and Maggie wrote :
My Mom
Though your body did not conceive me.
Your mind saw who I was

I did not physically grow within you
But my soul grew in your heart
Though it took longer for me to get here
(We both had growing to do)
I came when it was time

I can not speak the words I want
So I smile and hope you hear

These special words
That are just for you
"Love you MOM!"
(Even as I type this now, I am crying) How special this poem is to me. Thanks Honey!









4 comments:

Jo said...

I'm glad you had a good mother's day - you deserve it! Love you guys.

MONA said...

..howcome i'm cryin here at work reading all of that too...you are soo blessed...and to think that i was there in the beginning of this journey too...

i love you guys..you dont even know..patience is a virtue...and i'm still learning that...no worries though..in the Lords time.

Happy Mothers Day Everyday Nat..since Feb 1 until Eternity..

love you
Mona :)
oh..pls kiss baby for me..muwah!!!

WendyJayne said...

YOU KNOW YOU LIKED MY YEAR 3000 DANCE!!!!!!!!!

Michelle D said...

What a fun celebration! And those pictures of Maggie are DARLING! What a cutie you have. We're so glad we can "stalk" I mean, "read" your blog!!

Check out ours at thedrogefamily.blogspot.com