Tuesday, June 10, 2008

One Happy Baby

There have been some "Cool" things going on at our house lately. We (or I) decided that if I was going to be home this summer that we needed to get rid of our old, rickity, falling apart swamp cooler to Central Air (we also got a new furnace). We decided to go with Superior Water and Air and we had it scheduled to be installed on Thursday June 5th. I wasnt sure what to expect but, I thought it would only take a few hours.

Oh boy, how wrong was I!!
All I have to say is that we now have two new friends, Scott and Luke. They are the furnace installers that spent all day on Thursday, Friday and Monday with us. I thought they would never get it installed. (I am pretty sure they didnt think it would ever happen either) Our house is old and was built before centeral air was invented, so it wasnt easy for them to get it all ready to work. Finally on Monday afternoon, after many hours and a few mishaps, we felt the wonderful sensation of cool air coming from our vents. I was jumping for joy. It was FABULOUS! It is a wonderful feeling to know that we will never have to endure HOT summer nights listening to the clunk, clunk, clunk of that old swamp cooler!!

It a beautiful thing! We are all very Happy!!

3 comments:

JACK's house said...

Yeah for central air.........Love it!

Kim

Heidi said...

I'm very happy for you guys. I know how uncomfortable the heat can be. Happy Central Air to you!

SLC / Portland Webbs said...

Or you could come to our neck of the woods where we have not even hit the high seventies yet . . . but we do like central air when those days do arrive. -CRW