Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's Offical!


Shout Hooray! Today our family went to court to finalize our adoption! YAY!! I must say that I was quite nervous going today. I dont know why.... (for those of you who know me, you know that I stress out for no reason)

Anyway, we met our attorney and case worker early this morning to go over all the paperwork. When court started we were sworn in and our lawyer took over. It was all pretty simple and easy, no need to worry at all. After reviewing all of the documentation the judge gave his approval to complete the adoption. He used the words "as if she had been born to you!" There is no difference!! How awesome is that. Maggie is officially ours.

I am so grateful for this beautiful baby girl. She is a miracle to our family. Thank you to her birthmother and the selfless sacrifice she made on Maggies behalf.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Hooray! We are so happy for all of you. Maggie is truly a blessing. We love you!

The Schroaders said...

THAT IS AWESOME! Isn't it the best feeling in the whole world!? We are SO happy for you guys. Maggie is so adorable and she has the best parents! Congratulations!

Camie said...

I'm sorry we couldn't make it. We love you guys! Can't wait for the next 2 big events!

Carrie and Jon said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy for your beautiful family. Maggie is darling.

MONA said...

CONGRATS SIS...im soo happy for you and you're little family!!

Cant wait till the 2nd. :)

love you guys
kiss baby for me plzzz!!

Chrispy Critter said...

Yipee!! Congrats!

Michelle D said...

Wonderful!! What a happy happy day!