Friday, April 6, 2012

30 Day Shred

At the beginning of this year I decided it was time to focus and actually do something about my weight. It's no secret that I have a little bit of a weight problem...:)  I have been consistently going to the gym for a long time but I didnt really do a good job with eating right.  Apparently just because you work out doesnt mean you can eat whatever you want ?!?  I gained about 20 lbs with in the last few months of 2011.  (I'm afraid to think how much I would have gained had I not been exercising!) 
To start things off Scott and I joined a "Biggest Loser" competition at the beginning of the year. (THANKS TAMMY!!)  I was committed and wanted to see things change.    Things were going good and had lost 20 lbs by the end of February, but I needed to do something more.  It was time to set some short term goals.  In March my goal was to really focus on exercise.   That's where my new friend Jillian Michaels came in.    I have had her 30 day shred DVD for a few years now.   I think I tried it once and was so exhausted that I never wanted to do it again.   This time it was different.  I was committed and I had 30 days in March to focus on this before our contest was over.    It was only 20 minutes a day, I can do it.....right.    The DVD is broken down into three levels and typically you do each level for 10 days.    Im not going to say it was easy, cause it WAS NOT!   My body hurt pretty much every day and somedays I just wanted to turn it off.   Some days I watched it without sound because I couldnt stand Jillians voice any longer (It didnt help that the one girl in the video who shows the "harder" moves was a Natalie and it frustrated me when Jillian would say "look at Natalie go" and I was struggling with the "harder" exercises)  Some days I did it early in the morning and sometimes I procrastinated so long that I had to do it at 10pm at night.   But I DID IT.   30 days in a row (including Saturdays and Sundays)  and GUESS WHAT....... IT TOTALLY WORKED!!!

Here's My Results!


My only regret is that I didnt take measurements before.   I did loose 9 lbs in March and the most noticeable difference is in my stomach area.  I feel great and I am so  happy with the results.    Im so proud of myself and that I actually achieved this goal.  I did this for 30 days which for me, Is amazing (I dont have the greatest track record with these kind of goals). 
I ended up coming in 4th for our Biggest Loser Competition and won $100.  My weight loss journey is not over.  I have a long way to go, but I am proud of where I am and wanted to share.    My next goal is to train for our Young Women 5k fundraiser on May 12.   My goal is to run the 5k in less than 40 minutes.
Thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement!

4 comments:

Randall said...

Awesome job Nat! So proud of you!

Paula said...

Wow! Noticeable difference!!! I am so doing the 30 day shred! You look great!!!

Laurie Jo said...

Yay! You are doing awesome - so proud of you - love ya!

JACK's house said...

Oh my goodness....you look AMAZING! Way to go! I'm proud of you :) Keep it up....