At the beginning of this year I decided it was time to focus and actually do something about my weight. It's no secret that I have a little bit of a weight problem...:) I have been consistently going to the gym for a long time but I didnt really do a good job with eating right. Apparently just because you work out doesnt mean you can eat whatever you want ?!? I gained about 20 lbs with in the last few months of 2011. (I'm afraid to think how much I would have gained had I not been exercising!)
To start things off Scott and I joined a "Biggest Loser" competition at the beginning of the year. (THANKS TAMMY!!) I was committed and wanted to see things change. Things were going good and had lost 20 lbs by the end of February, but I needed to do something more. It was time to set some short term goals. In March my goal was to really focus on exercise. That's where my new friend Jillian Michaels came in. I have had her 30 day shred DVD for a few years now. I think I tried it once and was so exhausted that I never wanted to do it again. This time it was different. I was committed and I had 30 days in March to focus on this before our contest was over. It was only 20 minutes a day, I can do it.....right. The DVD is broken down into three levels and typically you do each level for 10 days. Im not going to say it was easy, cause it WAS NOT! My body hurt pretty much every day and somedays I just wanted to turn it off. Some days I watched it without sound because I couldnt stand Jillians voice any longer (It didnt help that the one girl in the video who shows the "harder" moves was a Natalie and it frustrated me when Jillian would say "look at Natalie go" and I was struggling with the "harder" exercises) Some days I did it early in the morning and sometimes I procrastinated so long that I had to do it at 10pm at night. But I DID IT. 30 days in a row (including Saturdays and Sundays) and GUESS WHAT....... IT TOTALLY WORKED!!!
Friday, April 6, 2012
Posted by Natalie at 2:23 PM
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
- What is your favorite color : PINK (She loves anything and everything pink... She is definately all girl!)
- What is for favorite Toy: Strawberry Shortcake
- What is your favorite fruit: Apples (She truely loves apples. She will grab a large apple and bite away at it until it's all gone)
- What is your favorite TV show: Wow Wow Wubzy (we love Nick Jr. at our house)
- What do you like to eat for lunch: Cereal (This is so her. She loves cereal and likes to eat it whenever she can)
- What is your favorite snack: Goldfish
- What is your favorite animal: Giraffe (This shocked me, I had never heard her say that before)
- What is your favorite song: Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam
- What is your favorite book: Tangled (She loves the book we have that follows the story of the movie)
- She is quiet. Dont get me wrong she can make noise with the best of them, but for the most part she speaks softly and is very mild mannered.
- She's a little shy. It takes her a little bit to warm up to new people or new situations.
- She LOVES to draw. If she has a notepad in her hand she is happy! She especially loves to make lists but she also likes to draw people, like mommy and daddy.
- She has to grab pamphlets from anywhere we go. If there is a free pamphlet, note or business card, she has to have it and bring it home.
- She is a story teller. She loves to make up stories and tell them to you. She also is very animated and uses her hands to tell the stories.
- She thinks the words poop, fart and butt are hilarious.
Posted by Natalie at 5:15 PM
Monday, December 5, 2011
We have already done a lot of things to celebrate the season. I wanted to share some pictures of the fun we have had so far....
We attended the tree lighting ceremony at the Gateway. We have done this a couple of time and always enjoy it! There was great music, hot chocolate & cookies! We had so much fun, especially because Papa, Mimi, Aunt Wendy, Ben, Uncle Dee & Carter came along.
The day after Thanksgiving we attended The Grand America's tree lighting ceremony. We started this tradition last year and it was so fun, we decided to do it again. The Grand America is a beautiful hotel! They have a "scavenger hunt", where you look at their window displays, answer some questions and then get a yummy cookie at the end. They also served hot chocolate, which was delicious!
|Miss M was all about the window displays. She has so much fun looking at each one!|
|Hot Chocolate....Yum! Miss M. drank her entire glass. The girls loves hot chocolate!|
|Miss M had to put her pencil behind her ear, just like Mommy.|
|Mimi came along, so much fun!|
Posted by Natalie at 7:47 PM
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
|Big Brother LOVE|
Posted by Natalie at 10:24 PM
Sunday, October 23, 2011
We have been having so much fun this last month. I love Fall and the weather has been BEAUTIFUL! We have been taking full advantage of these lovely days. Here are some of the highlights....
First and foremost.....WE ARE OFFICIALLY POTTY TRAINED!!!!! This is such a monumental achievement in our household! Miss M resisted for a very long time and we were at our wits end with her, until her Daddy broke out the big bucks and offered her one dollar each time she went potty. Hello....that did the trick! I will be darned if that kid didn't go right in and go potty. Since that day she hasnt looked back! She has the strongest bladder and can hold it like nobody's business. She even stays dry through the night! Hip, Hip, HOORAY!!!
|We have lots of "big girl panties" & in the beginning she liked to fold them all & look at them|
|Yes, that drink is Diet Coke. I was desperate & trying anything to get her to go on the Potty...Don't Judge!|
|Their favorite part...The Maps!|
|Daddy even rode the roller coaster with Miss M. SHOCKING!!|
|Pretty as a princess!|
|"Unca Dee" & Aunt Wendy are Miss M's favorites|
Joy School is going Awesome! Miss M LOVES school! She has so much fun and has made great new friends. We are so blessed to have such great families in our neighborhood! Last week we it was our first time to have Joy School at our house. The lessons this week were focused on feelings. The kids got to put faces on a pumpkin and then we carved the pumpkin together.
Posted by Natalie at 10:13 PM
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Wow! Where did summer go? I cant believe we are at the end of August. I have been sorely neglecting this blog. Where have I been? We have been BUSY. We have been swimming, Growing a garden, Playing outside, went to the Bountiful 24th of July Parade, went down to St George, saw The Little Mermaid at Tuacan, went to Girls Camp and got Miss M. ready for School!
That's all for now :) Cheers!
Posted by Natalie at 7:28 PM
Saturday, July 2, 2011
Have you ever seen those cool pics where people are making a shape or writing something with a sparkler?... No?....Well....I have and I wanted to figure out how to do it. Today while at the store I purchased some sparklers, called up my sisters, went to my parents and had lots of sparkler fun. It was a blast and we got some cool pics out it. We will most DEFINITELY be doing this again!!
|Heidi did pretty good at writing her name|
|Wendy was a little nervous with Scott so close to her hair with a sparkler|
|Miss M didn't want to get to close, even with Dad there.|
|We wouldn't be our family unless we did the Mickey Icon.|
Posted by Natalie at 10:34 PM